James 1:12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. (NLT)
Endurance builds character. The ability to endure is the most critical tool for your life. There are moments in your life that define destiny and it is worth pursuing. It is very important to press through those moments. Because if you quit, you forfeit the price. On the other side of quitting, there is a blessing. Whatever difficulty seasons you’re going through, never give up. The breakthrough is on the other side. The power of success is wrapped up with perseverance.
Are you at the point of quitting? Don’t feel discouraged as it will happen to anyone at some point of life. Sometimes it is so much easier to quit. However, we have the Holy Spirit in us to enable us to overcome every obstacles that come our way.How do you get the endurance?
1. There’s no shortcut to get it. It is a journey where you overcome the giving up moments, one day at a time.
2. Surround yourself in the company of people who know how to endure, who been through and are able to help you.
3. You find strength in JesusMatthew 26:39 Jesus said: “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” (NLT)
Yet Jesus didn’t quit, as a result of that we have eternal life. We fix our eyes on Jesus because he is the author and perfector of our faith.
“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” ― Winston S. ChurchillDiscussion Questions
1. Describe a moment when you found it tough and wanted to quit but you persevered through? Share to encourage your group?
2. Are you at a quitting point? Which principles can you apply to your own situation?
3. As a Life Group, pray for each other that God will give you the ability to press through those giving up moments.