Let’s really think hard… of ways to encourage each other… to do acts of love and good works.Heb 10:25
Don’t stay away from meetings… be there to encourage people… we need it more and more these days.
TAKE A MOMENT TO ENCOURAGE SOMEONE!
HOW DID THAT FEEL?
- CONSIDER = ‘Katanoeo’ = To fully observe/ Behold/ Think Over
- STIMULATE = ‘Paroxusmos’ = To make keen/ Urge/ Excite/ Provoke
- ENCOURAGE = ‘Parakaleo’ = To call near/ Exhort/ Console/ Beseech/ Comfort
SO… LET’S DELIBERATELY THINK HARD ABOUT THE BEST WAYS TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO BE LOVING -AND DO GOOD THINGS.
DON’T STAY AWAY, BUT BE HERE TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE…
WE NEED IT MORE AND MORE THESE DAYS.
IT’S GIVEN AS A REASON FOR GOING TO CHURCH!!
YOU HAVE AN ENCOURAGEMENT MINISTRY!
Dict. (Concise Oxford) ‘To give courage to – urge – assist – stimulate by help.
French= ‘Courage into’ = to put courage into someone who needs it.
- Give support, confidence, or hope to (someone).hearten, cheer, buoy up, uplift, inspire, motivate, egg on, spur on, stir, stir up, whip up, fire up, stimulate, animate, invigorate, vitalize, revitalize, embolden, fortify, rally, incite;
- Stimulate the development of… support, back, endorse, champion, advocate, recommend, promote, further, advance, forward, foster, strengthen, enrich;
- Persuade someone to do or continue to do something by giving support and advice. Persuade, coax, urge, press, push, pressure, pressurize, exhort, spur, prod, goad, egg on, prompt, influence, sway.
WHY SHOULD I?
- BIBLE TELLS ME TO Heb 10:24/25
- GOD ENCOURAGES ME ( Counsellor/ Parakletos)
- PEOPLE NEED IT (More and More these days)
- I MAY NEED IT
- IT WORKS = MAY HAVE ETERNAL EFFECT!
Life and death are in the power of the tongue – Its very powerful! +ve or –ve!!!
If you look for the good in others… You’ll discover the best in yourself.
I had encouragers when I was growing up:-
Parents/ Grandparents/ Teachers / Youth Leaders
My Wife / My Kids / Friends/ Pastors
NOW – I TRY TO BE AN ENCOURAGER TO OTHERS!
I SEE IT AS A MINISTRY! FOR ALL OF US!!!
HOW do we encourage?
MORE AND MORE!
- MORE PEOPLE – LOOK AROUND
- MORE OFTEN - PERSIST
- MORE EFFECTIVELY – BE AN EXPERT!
IT DOESN’T TAKE MUCH – START WITH A:
COMPLIMENT / SMILE / HUG / WARM
HANDSHAKE / PAT ON THE BACK / NOTE /
EMAIL / CARD / TEXT
ENCOURAGE = BUILD UP/ EXHORT/ COMFORT1 COR 14:3
– PROPHECY = EDIFY / EXHORT / COMFORT
- PROPHECY IS FROM GOD
- ENCOURAGEMENT COMES FROM US…
…CAN IT STILL BE FROM GOD???
WHERE DOES ONE START AND THE OTHER STOP?
CAN WE ENCOURAGE SOMEONE…AND HAVE GOD SPEAK TO THEM?
Have you ever encouraged someone and they say– ‘That was from God!’ ?
SO ENCOURAGEMENT CAN BE PROPHETIC!
COMFORT = SUPPORT = “I’m with you!” + God is with you.
EDIFY = BUILD UP = “You’re a great guy!” + God loves you and will bless you.
EXHORT = CHEER ON = “You can do it!” + God has equipped you for this.