Nearly 3 billion people are yet to hear the good news of the saving grace of God! This is massive! Just to give you a perspective, the chain of 3 billion people holding hands would extend 54 times around the Earth.
14 And this gospel (good news) of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. Mat.24:14What is the good news of the Kingdom?
It is extremely vital for us to understand the Kingdom to demonstrate and proclaim it to people. The word Kingdom means
‘the realm in which a sovereign king rules.’
The following two Scriptures may help us understand what the Kingdom of God is and how it is manifested.“But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you”. Matthew 12:28
Notice here that the Spirit of God
and the Kingdom of God
goes hand in hand. The Kingdom of God has come to earth through the Holy Spirit who descended on Jesus (Mark 1:10). Jesus did every miracle, healing and deliverance through the Spirit of God (Acts 10:38). Every time Jesus released the power of God to restore people, they end up experiencing love, joy and peace. That is what Jesus defined as the coming of the Kingdom of God.
Here is another Scripture to reinforce this for us: For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” Romans 14:17:
The Kingdom of God and the Spirit of God are inseparable! What man lost by being evicted from the Garden of Eden is the presence of God (the Holy Spirit). Man is meant to host the Holy Spirit. We are designed to be the temple of the Holy Spirit. The main reason why Jesus shade His blood is to cleanse the temple (us) so that we would be fit to host the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that it is better if I go and He comes (John 16:7). What we need in life is the Holy Spirit. Without Him we cannot experience victory! Nations must hear this great news. It is not religion that they need; but the Spirit of God who can live in them and help them daily.How the Kingdom of God is Activated!
The Holy Spirit lives in every true believer of Christ. When we activate and release the power of God by faith to help those in captivity and they experience freedom and restoration, it often results with joy and peace.
The activation of the Holy Spirit power in a life of a believer makes the manifestation of the Kingdom of God possible.“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom”. 2 Cor. 3:17.
The Kingdom Life and Power is fully loaded in a believer waiting to be activated and demonstrated. This can only be done by faith. Remember, we all carry the Spirit of God who can give freedom and peace to those who are broken.
Unfortunately, most believers go to heaven without activating the gifts and resources that God placed in them to restore broken lives. You can be a Christian for years without having any Kingdom impact in this world.
Nations are seeking the Spirit life! He is the missing link in people’s lives.
Before the nations hear about the King, they should see His Kingdom demonstrated to them!
The nations find it difficult to understand about King Jesus, until the life and power of His Kingdom is demonstrated to them.
Godwin shim said, ‘If I cannot make them see the light; I will make them feel the heat by loving them.”
Loving people with God’s love makes them experience the Kingdom Life.
Three billion people around the world are hungry to see the demonstration of God’s Kingdom.
According to Joshua Project research there are 17,400 people groups (ethne/nations) in the world!(Other people group datasets may have somewhat different numbers).
Out of the 17,400 people groups, 7,400 people groups (42% of the world population) are considered unreached – this is close to 3 billion people.How can you participate in reaching the unreached people groups of our world?
- Prayer – Pray for the harvest (Mat.9:37-38)
Everyone must plead with God regularly so that He may send workers to His harvest. Jesus needs our help! Unless this task is completed, he will not come back.
- Give – without money it is very difficult to carry out this mission. Partner with World Impact through your generous giving. Also you can serve at the various ministry opportunities at World Impact. (Talk to your LG Leader)
- Join Short Term Trips.
- Also consider taking your vocation to the nations.Discussion Questions:
- Jesus’ main emphasis in the New Testament was the Kingdom of God. Why did Jesus put great emphasis on the coming of the Kingdom of God to earth?
- The Holy Spirit is in every true believer of Christ. Why is it that often times Christians don’t feel the presence of the Spirit of God in their lives?
- Jesus wants us to demonstrate and proclaim about His Kingdom. Why is it important for us to demonstrate the Kingdom to others before we point them to the King?
- What steps are you going to take to demonstrate love, and serve and reach out to those who don’t know Jesus?
- Pray as a group that God may send workers into the field to bring in the harvest. Pray also for our Field Partners that the Lord may give them courage, strength and wisdom as they labor in His Kingdom.