2 Samuel 23:20
There was also Benaiah son of Jehoiada, a valiant warrior from Kabzeel. He did many heroic deeds, which included killing two champions of Moab. Another time, on a snowy day, he chased a lion down into a pit and killed it.
Benaiah chased a lion down into a pit and despite the snow and slippery ground he caught the lion and killed it. He became one of King David’s mighty men because he had faith, courage, and the spirit of an adventurer. The heart of a champion, a lion-chaser.Discussion Questions
1. What is one thing you heard / remember from Marg’s Lion-chaser message?
2. Where have you had an adventure in God, or taken a risk, or stepped out in faith, and experienced a miracle?
3. What is one challenge you face this year? How can you run towards it with faith, rather than run away or avoid it?
4. Have you ever taken a risk that hasn’t paid off? What did you learn from that experience? Was it wasted? 2 Corinthians 12:9[Sinking is better than sitting – at least Peter got out of the boat, the others who stayed in the boat never experienced what it’s like to walk on water]
5. Have you ever decided to do something and then ‘2nd guessed’ yourself? What can you do to press forward? [Remember we have a treasure chest of ‘war stories’ we can share to encourage one another on our faith journey #nolimitscitylifeAU]
6. Is there a ‘pit experience’ in your life – where things seem dark and lonely? Frustrating? Boring? Frightening? Overwhelming?Pray for those in your group who face challenges. Are there other strategies to help them out of the pit they are in?