1 Thessalonians 4:7 “For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.”
Do you think there is a great enough emphasis on holiness and purity in our everyday Christian lives?
Proverbs 6:16 lists 6 things…no 7 that displease God that sometimes creep into our journeys…
- Haughty eyes – PRIDE
- Lying tongue – LACK OF INTEGRITY IN SPEECH
- Hands that shed innocent blood – ANGER AND UNFORGIVENESS
- Heart that devises evil – HYPOCRISY
- Feet that rush into mischief – ILL-DISCIPLINE
- False witness – GOSSIP AND SLANDER
- Stirs up dissension – DIVISION
Discuss these and how blatantly or insidiously these things find their way into our personal lives and relationships.
Which one do you think is most evident in our community?
Which one do you most struggle with and why?
God desires not for us to sit under any spirit of condemnation or guilt (Romans 8:1), but wants these areas identified, dealt and done away with…”
Read 1 John 1:9 What is the promise of God here and why can and will He fulfil it?
Read James 5:16 We are told to be open and honest with one another and to pray for each other. Find one other person you have a trusted relationship with and share what you feel you can about an area you struggle with and pray….