Please mark the following dates in your diary:
Add to Calendar
05/12/2019 08:00 AM
05/12/2019 08:00 PM
Prayer and Fasting
On the first Thursday of every month, we will be fasting and praying together for our church and community.
Each month will have a different focus area, so stay connected with us via our website, newsletter and social media (Facebook / Instagram) to learn more.
We look forward to purposefully turning our faces toward God each month as we fast and pray together as a church.
Getting Ready to Fast
These are some great reflections around why prayer and fasting
is so profound and powerful. By nature, every one of us is inclined to take the path of least resistance. We want to avoid pain at all costs. We love shortcuts. We tend to avoid disciplines, however God says when we do fast and pray he will reward us.
- Decide what you are going to fast from. Food, technology, entertainment or something else.
- Block out a specific time that you will abstain from it so you can pray and seek God.
- Be consistent. Stay with it. Stick to it.
- Set a specific period of time.
- Set a specific objective. What will you like to focus on in prayer during that time.
- Prepare yourself spiritually. Take time to read the word. Worship. Journal.